pin it

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New photos, new pin, old friends

I got around to taking some new photos the other day. I pulled out an old Popular Mechanics for Kids book and had some fun shooting these Gear Earrings on them.
Then I redid the Atomic Symbol for Silver Pendant on this page from a chemistry book.
It really is amazing how many more views you get when you improve your photos. One of the things I've learned is to play around with how I angle the camera. It's tricky to get the fine engraved lines on this piece to show up clearly and it really seems to depend on the angle of the camera. I know a lot of people use tri pods to take their jewelry photos but I really like having my camera in my hands and moving it all over the place in different directions to get the right angle and reflections of the light. And of course my favorite days to photograph are the overcast ones.

"Celtic Double Swirls and Curls Aluminum Shawl Pin/ Hair Pin" is a new design in our Etsy shop. It took a lot of protoypes to figure out this one. I use two pieces of wire instead the usual one and twist them together. Adding the "Hair Pin" to the title seems to have helped increase views too.

Our friends Gina, Carly and their Mom Linda came over after school one day last week . It was great to see them and get some good girly-friend time in. Henry and Gina set up the two lounge chairs and got all his bedding off his bed and of course the essential firemen hats (or should I say "fireperson"?) They are like a silly old married couple sometimes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those bicycle earrings, I love bicycles in general...too bad I cant have earrings ;( my ears are too sensative...you do some beautiful work...and I will admit I am jealous that you live in Eugene, I really liked it when I passed through there!

Kim Caro said...

great photos, :) great items , fun times :)

Felice Luftschein said...

thanks for the comments!
heather i see you live in UticaNY- i went to school in Oneonta.Upstate Ny is a lovely place too!

Stela said...

I'm digging the gears earrings!

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

Cool stuff! I really like the gears!

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

I bet your boys would like this!
http://www.kiddio.org/2008/09/pop-rockets-5-4-3-2-1.html

looks like fun!

Miss Woodcutter said...

Hello for the first time :) I love those gear earrings! That is really cool. I hope you don't mind, I have a link to your blog from mine...
Keep up the great work.

Miss Woodcutter said...

Hello for the first time! I really like the gear earings. They're great. I hope you don't mind, I have a link to your blog from mine. Keep up the great work!