pin it

Sunday, April 13, 2008

He loves me!


Grass grows really well in Oregon. Mowing is a constant struggle to keep up with if you care and want to be able to maintain any ability to enter your home or walk to the other buildings.If it was up to Nick he would let it go because he is a man of intellectual pursuits and cares naught for outward appearances. But I am an insecure nagging woman who has been sick for the past few days. The overgrown grass became a taunting symbol of my inadequacies and inability to achieve anything in my life. It represents all the loads of laundry and dishes that need to be done and all the home repairs and improvement projects that have yet to be tackled. It is the sound of all my neighbors and family and friends mocking me for messy home in my silly mind.
Irrational and extreme "black and white" thinking ? Yes! Partially a symptom of being exhausted and unable to do much because I have been sick with this flu like thing and just the usual demons that surface from time to time.
So who does the emotional woman take it out on and nag! The dear sweet husband.
So today he got the old rusty mower going that had been sitting out in the rain all winter long. I am amazed he even made it work. And he mowed and mowed and mowed.



and mowed...


and mowed. What a good man! He works so hard to make me happy. All is well in the world again.
Now I won't
bug him about his airgun obsession and I can hold off the mowing nagging for the next few weeks when it will come up again. Because the grass never stops growing and the crazy woman never really stops nagging.


The boys have been on bug hunts lately. Today we found this lovely snail. He is unfortunately now lost somewhere in the house.

We have been unable to locate a slimy trail from the windowsill he was left on.
I'm just going to let this one go....

4 comments:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

I almost fell off my chair laughing! HA :) My husband says he is going to get a goat every year....but, they would only eat the grass in one spot!

Hope you get better soon! :)
Karen

Felice Luftschein said...

glad i made you laugh! goats are great until they escape:0

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Great post. Nick looks so dutiful doing all that mowing...good job, Nick!

Anonymous said...

Your property looks just gorgeous, I SO envy you!!!
:D