pin it

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Messy Mayhem Mother's day

Life has been hectic. Pre Mother's Day sales have been pretty crazy the past two weeks. Our normally messy house reached some new levels of insanity.


Here are some examples:





Of course the kids don't care. Henry is happily playing with his Legos amidst the clutter.



Another view of the stuff all over the place.


Here is his "mummy car" that he insisted I photograph.
The past two weekends have been pretty successful at the Saturday Market. Lots of hanging vases were sold.They make a great Mother's day gift.
I saw a funny snarky T-shirt worn by a customer:
"If I want pointless conversation I'll let you know."
I made sure I did not say anything to the fellow.
We were so busy with the market and Etsy orders last weekend that I screwed up 3 orders.
Two international sales that I quoted First Class shipping rates on got packaged in Priority boxes. It was too late when I got to the Post Office and realized what I had done to go back home and repack and it wasn't worth the extra effort. So instead of a $7.20 rate it was $25.50. Oops. I'm going to have to reprimand the employees. (ME!!!)
But the biggest mistake was sending out an order to the customer instead of to her Mother as she requested and we said we would do. we received a very disappointed message from the customer when the package arrived at her home a few days before Mother's Day instead of at her Mother's home. I apologized profusely and sent out a new package with an extra free item in it and sent it express so that it could get there before Mother's Day. I told the customer to keep the earrings that went to her home too. Now they can have matching mother/daughter earrings. Not what she intended. She was very good about it all.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!
I love you MOM!




3 comments:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

What a sweet picture of you and the boys! Have a good week!

Unknown said...

Aaaah, how well I remember when my house used to look like that, filled with two boy mayhem. Thanks for the visual reminder, I kinda miss it sometimes...

Felice Luftschein said...

Are you telling me there's hope Kim?!
I figured i was doing a public service for all the other parents out there who thought their house was a mess.
I'm sure my boys could come over and recreate their environment in your home too anytime you want.
see you saturday!