pin it

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ahhh Spring- It's killing me...

Well not really perhaps.I'm being a little over dramatic.
The weather has been warm and sunny and wonderful here. (Don't believe the lies about it raining all the time in Oregon.) But this means that the trees and flowers have burst out with tons of pollen covering everything triggering an early allergy season for me. Today has been a little better and I just got my prescription filled for Flonase to take along with my generic Allegra (fexofenidine) so I should be a functioning human being again soon and not a snot covered, sniffing and snorting eye rubbing miserable wreck.
I have sold the past two weekends now at the Eugene Saturday Market. The first one was slow but last weekend was pretty good. We changed our display and made new display boards that have a white background instead of the same purple we had been using for the past 10 or more years. The white background seems to have helped make the colorful glass earrings really show up well and pop out of the display. I have finally been selling these cute glass flower earrings at the market that just never seemed to do well there before.
Max was sad to find out that he is too young to play T Ball on a team this summer. So we used some of Grandma's gift certificate for his birthday to get a T Ball set of his own to play with.He's going to be really good at it come next summer.
After stressing myself out trying to come up with camps and things for the kids to do this summer I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to relax and enjoy spending time with the kids while they are so young and not book them up with activities. Max is too young to be in most programs available and Henry is a home body/mama's boy. So we'll be taking swimming classes and whatever convenient things come our way and make playdates and take it easy. Henry starts first gade in the Fall and will be gone all day at school. So I am going to try and remember to enjoy these special long days together.( Remind me of that when we are going crazy on one of those long days.)

1 comment:

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Sounds like no KidSpirit, then? Your plans sounds good, and a lot less stressful than trying to finagle and figure it all out and sign up and fill out forms and write checks and blahbitty blah. Talk to you soon!