pin it

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

School Trip to Greengable Gardens


maryspeak


One of the best things about being self employed is that I can usually make the time to go on school trips with the kids. I almost forgot that it was under my control and thought I should work instead today but then I realized I was being an idiot. I’m glad I came to my senses and went with Henry’s second grade class to Greengables Farm which is just down the road from us to learn about tulips. (That’s Mary’s Peak in the background.)


peonytulip


The peony tulip.


tulips mrs.hall


The best 2nd grade teacher EVER Mrs. Elaine Hall in the yellow jacket!



tulipsgalore


Tulips galore!


friends


Henry and his friends goofing around.


demitrimshall


Demitri from Greengables with Mrs. Hall.



takehomeflowers


The kids got to pick a bunch of tulips to bring home.


tulippend2


And of course how could I not put in a plug for our jewelry? This is our


Tiny Tulip with Amethyst Sterling Silver Stamped Pendant

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whenever we watch scary movies or I see something gross on TV and I need to get it out of my head, I close my eyes and think of the woodburn tulip fields... How can you NOT think happy thoughts, when dreaming of fields of tulips... My favorite flower I think! ;)

oh, and the Peony tulip, never seen one, but want those bulbs!!