pin it

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Hanging out

Well the holidays are officially over but we are still doing a lot of hanging out. Especially since pre school doesn't start again for Henry until next week. We have been having a hard time getting out of the house. We all have an annoying cough that we pass back and forth and the kids continue to take turns waking us up every night. These days just getting to Home Depot in Corvallis is on par with scaling Mount Everest. Maybe it'a just us but having 2 3/4year old and 5 year old boys is exhausting.

It has been raining a lot(gee in Oregon? Who would have thunk it?) but this morning we woke up to snow. It is now slushy and mostly gone but it was lovely for a little while.
I spent a lot of time working on a new earring design that I am pretty happy with. All the rain forced me to try some new photographing locations and I discovered that the window in our bedroom works well.

This is the Falling Pearls and Swirls Earring. I kept debating between this photo and then one below for which should be the first Etsy listing picture.



I love the look of this on the vintage Lorna Doone book but it's a little busy for the first photo. I will probably switch it though just to see if it gets more views. What do you think?




These came out nicely too on the same book in the same window. This is my updated Swirly Flowers with Aventurine and Amethyst Earrings. I ordered new 4mm aventurine and the ones that arrived are this deeper darker color than the ones I had before so I needed to take new pictures.
Well back to work although I still can't get myself to really clean up this house.

2 comments:

WalkerMom said...

The new earrings are great. I like photo 1 for listing the pearls. I love both new designs. Beautiful work. I gave earrings by you to my sister for her birthday and she loves them.

Anonymous said...

I have your shop on my list of favorites, and LOVE your new earrings... and I totally hear ya about trying to take photographs in Oregon rain... Some days are most definitely better than others, but hey, we still love living here... hehehee...
Wishing you all many blessings in the new year, and fun to have stumbled across your blog.

Janell