pin it

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Philomath Frolic and Rodeo-one week later

Well it was over a week ago that I too the kids to the Philomath Frolic and Rodeo but I finally got the time to post this. As a Brooklyn girl the rodeo fascinates me. It’s so different from where I grew up to see guys wearing cowboy hats because they are actual cowboys and not gay men. Of course they could be gay. Not that there’s anything

wrong with that. maxpony

The boys took their mandatory pony rides.ponyriderolarcoaster2

They had been begging me to do the carnival rides. The first ride they chose was the roller coaster. I was kind of surprised that Max really wanted to do it because he’s not much of a ride daredevil.  He looked like he was pooping in his pants the whole time. When he got off he said in his serious voice-“That was kind of scary.” He then declined to go on any other rides for the rest of the night.

emithenry 

Henry won this giant blue bear that made him very happy. We also ran into his best friend Emmit

bear  rodeoclown

And then there was the actual rodeo. This is the rodeo clown wearing a silly fat suit and doing a whole dance schtick. While somewhat amusing at times I couldn’t help but feel bad for the overweight folks in the audience. But the kids told me he wasn’t making fun of fat people he “just wanted to dance in a fat suit to be goofy.” OK then.

rodeo

Real cowboys roping a cow. Yee haw!

henryices 

The mandatory shaved ices.

maxaleaha

Aleaha and Max really getting into their ices.

tireddad

Relaxing at home with Dad.

No comments: