pin it

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Wimped out

Well that's what I get for publicly stating that I am committed to something. Now that whole world or at least the 3 people that read my blog can know that when I say I am committed,it really does depend if it is actually raining and cold at the time.
It is 7:28 am and I am still at home. It is raining and 42degrees. My hardcore committed friend and fellow lifelong marketeer ,Nome, called at 7am to say she is bailing out. It shattereed my confidence. I called the market and the lovely friendly Beth the market manager said yes, it is indeed raining. I said Is it cold? and she said "I have a chill in me like I did not have last weekened." I told her I wasn't coming and she said I was the 3rd vendor to call her to cancel out.
Well it's a good thing I don't have to live on the streets (yet). A few more crazy weekends of indecisive weather related rapid decision fluctuations and who knows where I will be blogging from. The mental hospital?
We used to do the market every single saturday no matter what for over 10 years. Then we had kids and Nick developed his Taig business. It's still a big part of our income but we don't need to depend on it solely. And that's my story for today...

UPDATE:
Wow, I'm so glad I did not go today. It rained all day long and was cold and miserable. Here is a big thanks to Nome who figured out not to go and gave me the early morning call. This is her website-Blessedbeads.
She does amazing work!

3 comments:

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

I don't blame you, it was just miserable weather yesterday! I was overjoyed that I dragged my sorry exhuausted self outside on Friday night to water the plants when it poured all day Saturday! We really wanted to go to all the fun Earth Day events in town but ended up playing at the toy store and going out for Mexican food instead. Hope next Saturday will be better for the market for you...

Miss Cellania said...

Ach, sometimes you can be so committed that you need to be committed. I would have stayed home, too.

Felice Luftschein said...

Thanks for the support in my insanity!